Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Diggerland USA located?
100 Pinedge Drive
West Berlin, NJ 08091
- From the NJ Turnpike: Take Exit 4
- From I-295: Take Exit 36A
- Diggerland USA is approximately 30 minutes from Philadelphia, 50 minutes from Atlantic City and 90 minutes from New York City.
What ages are appropriate for children visiting Diggerland USA?
- All rides have height restrictions, which you can find on the ride restrictions page. Please visit this page to view specific ride height and weight requirements PRIOR to your visit.
- Diggerland USA is appropriate for children who are at least 36 inches tall. Children under 36″ tall are free to enter the park for a limited number of attractions.
How can I tell which rides I can ride?
- Most activities involve riding or driving real construction machinery. A brief, general description and photos of each ride are available at http://diggerlandusa.com/attractions/rides/.
- Since all of our rides are real construction equipment, they have uniquely different size, shape, access and boarding and seating positions. Skid-Steers have only hand controls. Construction vehicles (Dumper Trucks, Mini Land Rovers, Backhoes and Tractors) other than Skid-Steers have a steering wheel and one foot control. Tractor steering is not power assisted and is therefore is more difficult to steer than, for example, a car that has power steering. No separate brake is provided. Depressing the foot control increases forward speed. Releasing the foot control decreases forward speed and fully releasing the foot control will bring the vehicle to a stop. Diggers are operated from a fixed location. Each has two hand controls and no foot controls. The right-side and left-side hand controls operate the excavator arm. Operating instructions are given by the ride attendant at the time you board the vehicle.
- We are occasionally asked, in advance of arrival at the park, if a particular child, or individual with a disability, injury or other concern, will be able to board or operate certain rides or a particular ride. We typically cannot tell in advance of arrival if a specific individual will be able to board or operate a particular ride. Our pedestrian routes to boarding areas are wheelchair-accessible and comply with applicable ADA requirements.
- We cannot tell any individual with medical concerns or disabilities if they are able to board or operate a particular ride. We suggest that you consult your doctor before arrival. The rides are described on this page. Your doctor may wish to contact us with questions about the rides.
- Any individual who meets all ride height, safety and other requirements may access the ride. Each ride has height requirements, and in some cases weight restrictions, which should be reviewed in advance at http://diggerlandusa.com/ride-restrictions/. Some rides allow for lap riding, provided that the riders meet these requirements and the seat belt fits securely around both riders. A lap rider is only allowed with a parent or legal guardian. A rider must be able to properly use all belts, harnesses, straps, grips and other safety equipment required or provided. A rider must also obey and abide by all written, posted and stated warnings, directions and instructions.
Will I get dirty?
Only if you wipe your hands on your jeans instead of a napkin when dining in our café! When you think of digging, you may think dirty. But here, we keep the park meticulously landscaped, attractions maintained and clean, and have paved walkways, waiting areas, and other locations. Please do not wear flip flops or sandals.
What should I wear to the park?
Diggerland is a family attraction and we ask that you wear appropriate clothing while in the theme park. Most activities involve riding or driving real construction machinery. Wear SNEAKERS. Certain attractions require help from a legal guardian so be sure everyone is wearing tennis shoes with a closed toe and closed heel. Please do not wear flip flops or heels. Virtually all activities take place outdoors. In wet weather there is a slight chance that you may get a little muddy, so bringing a change of footwear for the journey home is a good idea.
How much are tickets?
For specific pricing please visit our General Admission page.
Do you offer Memberships or Annual Passes?
Yes we do! Diggerland Memberships can purchased online, visit: http://diggerlandusa.wpengine.com/admissions/memberships/
If I am a member do I need to present identification for admission?
Yes. At the time of each visit, members must first stop at admissions to receive a wristband. Members are not permitted park entry without a valid wristband. Members will be asked to confirm their first and last name, and Diggerland USA will confirm the picture we have on file. Diggerland USA has the right to request photo identification for anyone over 18 years of age at any time for anyone attempting to use a membership.
At the time of a member’s first visit, during the membership activation process, the member will need to provide their first and last name, email, phone number, date of birth, and home address. A photo will be taken as well and that will be the photo associated with that membership for its duration. No member will be admitted without their photo on file.
Diggerland USA operates a digital membership system and may choose to not issue cards or any other proof of membership other than the original membership purchase receipt and the demographic information and photo on file.
Do you offer group admission pricing?
Yes, we do! Learn more about group savings, camp rates, and e-consignment option on our group sales page.
How long are online tickets valid? / What happens if the park closes due to weather?
Online Tickets are valid for the selected date of your visit, and if you miss this date, we will honor them for up to 6 months.
In the event that the park does not open that day, or opens but closes prior to 1:00 p.m. that day due to inclement weather, your online tickets will be honored for admission on another visit to the park within six months from the date of purchase. Your rescheduled visit is subject to availability. We recommend you call in advance of your rescheduled visit to check availability.
Are tickets refundable?
All purchases are final. No refunds will be permitted.
Do I need to purchase a ticket if I am not riding the rides?
Yes. Everyone who enters the park must purchase a ticket. Admission is free for non-participating guests 65 years of age and older and guests under 36 inches tall.
How much does it cost to ride the Soaring Eagle?
The Soaring Eagle is available for an additional $6 per individual rider. Diggerland USA Members receive a 50% discount.
What credit cards are accepted at the park?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Do you sell food inside the park?
Yes. The Lunch Pail, The Munch Box, and The Forklift Cafe offer several dining and snack options. Check out the menu here.
Can guests bring their own food and drinks into the park?
Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the park except for one clear, unopened bottle of water per guest. Other exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for baby food, food allergies and medical purposes.
Baby food in its original container and baby formula in its original container or in a typical baby bottle may be brought in. Please present these items for inspection at the admission booth / security check.
Individuals with food allergies may bring in for themselves a small meal or snack (of products not sold in the park). Please ask for a park manager at the admission booth / security check.
Individuals with medical, dietary or nutritional requirements may bring in for themselves their necessary food and beverage products (of products not sold in the park). Please ask for a park manager at the admission booth / security check.
Please contact Guest Services in advance of arrival with questions about whether you may bring in any medically-necessary or other special dietary food or beverage.
In all cases:
- Exceptions will not be made for food or beverage requirements based on ethnic or religious beliefs.
- Peanuts or peanut products are prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All outside food must be in plastic containers.
We also offer a handful of picnic tables and shaded areas outside of the park gates for your convenience. So as long as you keep your wristband on you may enter and exit the park as you please.
Do you have a lost and found?
Yes, we do! Our lost and found is available during our regular hours of operation. Send us an email for more details.
Do you have parking for buses and RVs?
Yes, we do have parking spaces available for buses and RVs but they are first-come, first-serve. Please note that we do not allow RV-parking over-night. Parking is available to RVs and buses during your park visit only.
We have compiled a list of nearby RV-accessible campgrounds and recreation areas (we are not affiliated with the below campgrounds):
Do I have to print my online tickets?
You can present your online tickets printed or on your mobile device.
Question regarding service animals
Can I bring my pet?
No. See our policy regarding service animals, above.
Can I leave the park and come back the same day?
Yes you may. Please keep your wristband on for re-entry the same day.
Can I smoke in the park?
Diggerland USA is a smoke-free facility. For the health and safety of our visitors and staff, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the park. Tobacco products, pipes, vapes and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere in the park. This includes all parking areas and all vehicular or pedestrian traffic areas.
Do you offer free Wifi?
No, we do not.
Inclement Weather Policy
Inclement weather and other conditions may necessitate the closure of select attractions or the park as a whole. If on a regularly scheduled operating day, Diggerland USA does not open, date-specific tickets purchased for that date will be honored for one year after that date. If Diggerland USA opens but later closes a majority of the attractions or the park as a whole for more than two (2) hours, we will issue a “rain check” for reentry on any regular operating day during the remainder of the season. Please call our office during business hours at 856-768-1110 with any questions.
Regarding Line Holding
Please note that Diggerland does not permit line or place holding for other guests or members of your party while waiting to access an attraction.
Special Needs Questions
Wheelchairs or Scooters (Read More)
The park does not provide wheelchairs, scooters or other mobility aid devices. Visitors are welcome to bring their own. Seating is available throughout the park, with benches near every attraction, and picnic table benches in the enclosed pavilion. Please be advised that our ride operators cannot lift or transfer guests into or out of wheelchairs or other devices.
What to Bring (Read More)
Some items found to be particularly beneficial for guests with special needs visiting the park include:
- Earplugs or headphones can be helpful for guests who are sensitive to a variety of noises. (Read More)
- A sensory toy or device can help pass the time while waiting in line or transitioning from ride to ride. It may also help reduce anxiety associated with sensory overload.
- Identification card, button, sticker, or bracelet with emergency contact information, especially the mobile phone number of a family member also in attendance, that would assist a staff member in reuniting a lost family member.
- A favorite electronic device, book, or toy can help pass the time while waiting in line.
- Reinforcers for good behavior can be a helpful way to motivate family members while enjoying a long day in the park.
Needing Assistance Operating Rides (Read More)
Guests with special needs may elect to participate as a lap rider with a parent or guardian on select attractions depending on safety restraint limitations. Other attractions offer multiple seats for families to ride together. Ride operators are happy to suggest accommodating rides or offer further information about the ride they are operating. Please be advised that our ride operators cannot lift or transfer guests into or out of wheelchairs or other devices.
My child needs a break (Read More)
The park offers many areas to take a break including the playground, benches near every attraction, and picnic table benches in the enclosed pavilion. If the fun quickly becomes too overwhelming, arrangements can be made to return on another day, dependent upon how long you spent in the park. Please see a manager in the park if this becomes a concern. Determinations are made on an individual basis. You will need to keep your receipt from the admissions booth to show time of entry.
SAMBULANCE Safety Squad, Inc.
Diggerland USA supports SAMBULANCE Safety Squad, an I.R.C. 501(c)3 non-profit organization. The Sambulance mission is to foster independence of individuals with special needs through educational programming and safety alliances. For more information about Sambulance and its programs visit https://sambulance.org.