Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Diggerland USA located?
100 Pinedge Drive
West Berlin, NJ 08091
- From the NJ Turnpike: Take Exit 4
- From I-295: Take Exit 36A
- Diggerland USA is approximately 30 minutes from Philadelphia, 50 minutes from Atlantic City and 90 minutes from New York City.
What ages are appropriate for children visiting Diggerland USA?
- Diggerland USA is appropriate for children who are at least 36 inches tall. Children under this height are free to enter the park, however they will be limited to the attractions they may participate in. All rides do have height restrictions, which you can find on the ride restrictions page, however there are special attractions in the park for even the youngest of children, like the Dig-A-Round and Kid Zone.
- Please visit this page to view specific ride height and weight requirements PRIOR to your visit.
How can I tell which rides I can ride?
- Most activities involve riding or driving real construction machinery. A brief, general description and photos of each ride are available at https://www.diggerlandusa.com/attractions/rides/.
- Since all of our rides are real construction equipment, they have uniquely different size, shape, access and boarding and seating positions. Skid-Steers have only hand controls. Construction vehicles (Dumper Trucks, Mini Land Rovers, Backhoes and Tractors) other than Skid-Steers have a steering wheel and one foot control. Tractor steering is not power assisted and is therefore is more difficult to steer than, for example, a car that has power steering. No separate brake is provided. Depressing the foot control increases forward speed. Releasing the foot control decreases forward speed and fully releasing the foot control will bring the vehicle to a stop. Diggers are operated from a fixed location. Each has two hand controls and no foot controls. The right-side and left-side hand controls operate the excavator arm. Operating instructions are given by the ride attendant at the time you board the vehicle.
- We are occasionally asked, in advance of arrival at the park, if a particular child, or individual with a disability, injury or other concern, will be able to board or operate certain rides or a particular ride. We typically cannot tell in advance of arrival if a specific individual will be able to board or operate a particular ride. Our pedestrian routes to boarding areas are wheelchair-accessible and comply with applicable ADA requirements.
- We cannot tell any individual with medical concerns or disabilities if they are able to board or operate a particular ride. We suggest that you consult your doctor before arrival. The rides are described on this page. Your doctor may wish to contact us with questions about the rides.
- Any individual who meets all ride height, safety and other requirements may access the ride. Each ride has height requirements, and in some cases weight restrictions, which should be reviewed in advance at https://www.diggerlandusa.com/ride-restrictions/. Some rides allow for lap riding, provided that the riders meet these requirements and the seat belt fits securely around both riders. A lap rider is only allowed with a parent or legal guardian. A rider must be able to properly use all belts, harnesses, straps, grips and other safety equipment required or provided. A rider must also obey and abide by all written, posted and stated warnings, directions and instructions. In-park signage should be reviewed in advance at https://www.diggerlandusa.com/park-signage/.
I have questions about visiting the park with a special needs guest. Who should I contact?
- Please visit our special needs accommodations page.
Will I get dirty?
Only if you wipe your hands on your jeans instead of a napkin when dining in our café! When you think of digging, you may think dirty. But here, we keep the park meticulously landscaped, attractions maintained and clean, and have paved walkways, waiting areas, and other locations. Please do not wear flip flops or sandals.
What should I wear to the park?
Diggerland is a family attraction and we ask that you wear appropriate clothing while in the theme park. Most activities involve riding or driving real construction machinery. Wear SNEAKERS. Certain attractions require help from a legal guardian so be sure everyone is wearing tennis shoes with a closed toe and closed heel. Please do not wear flip flops or heels. Virtually all activities take place outdoors. In wet weather there is a slight chance that you may get a little muddy, so bringing a change of footwear for the journey home is a good idea.
How much are tickets?
For specific pricing please visit our General Admission page.
Do you offer season passes?
Yes we do! Season passes can purchased online, visit: https://www.diggerlandusa.com/admissions/seasonpass/
Do you offer group admission pricing?
Yes, we do! Learn more about group savings, camp rates, and e-consignment option on our group sales page.
How long are online tickets valid? / What happens if the park closes due to weather?
Online Tickets are valid for the selected date of your visit, if you miss this date we will honor them up to 30 days following.
In the event that the park does not open that day, or opens but closes prior to 1:00 p.m. that day due to inclement weather, your online tickets will be honored for admission on another visit to the park within six months from the date of purchase. Your rescheduled visit is subject to availability. We recommend you call in advance of your rescheduled visit to check availability.
Are tickets refundable?
All purchases are final. No refunds will be permitted.
Do I need to purchase a ticket if I am not riding the rides?
Yes. Everyone who enters the park must purchase a ticket. Admission is free for non-participating guests 65 years of age and older and guests under 36 inches tall.
How much does it cost to ride the Soaring Eagle?
The Soaring Eagle is available to for an additional $5 per individual rider.
What happens in inclement weather?
Diggerland still operates in the rain. However, the attractions will close in the event of thunder or lightning. Rides and attractions will reopen after inclement weather has passed. In the event that the park closes prior to 1:00 p.m. due to inclement weather, your online tickets will be honored for admission on another visit to the park within 6 months from the date of purchase.
Purchasing online tickets guarantees admission, and they are discounted from walk up prices! You’ll select the date of your visit during check out to help us ensure a comfortable park capacity. If you cannot make that date or you think the weather will be unfavorable, don’t worry! Your un-redeemed tickets will be honored up to 30 days following their original selected visit date but are subject availability the same as walk up admission.
What credit cards are accepted at the park?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
Do you sell food inside the park?
Yes. Diggerland USA has a full service café, “The Lunch Pail.” Outside food and beverages are not permitted in the park. Check out the menu here.
Can guests bring their own food and drinks into the park?
Outside food and beverages are not allowed into the park except for one clear, unopened bottle of water per guest. Other exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis for baby food, food allergies and medical purposes.
Baby food in its original container and baby formula in its original container or in a typical baby bottle may be brought in. Please present these items for inspection at the admission booth / security check.
Individuals with food allergies may bring in for themselves a small meal or snack (of products not sold in the park). Please present a doctor’s note stating the allergy and permitted food at the admission booth / security check.
Individuals with medical, dietary or nutritional requirements may bring in for themselves their necessary food and beverage products (of products not sold in the park). Please present a doctor’s note stating this requirement at the admission booth / security check.
Please contact Guest Services in advance of arrival with questions about whether you may bring in any medically-necessary or other special dietary food or beverage.
In all cases:
- Exceptions will not be made for food or beverage requirements based on ethnic or religious beliefs.
- Peanuts or peanut products are prohibited.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- All outside food must be in plastic containers.
We also offer a handful of picnic tables and shaded areas outside of the park gates for your convenience. So as long as you keep your wristband on you may enter and exit the park as you please.
Do you have a lost and found?
Yes, we do! Our lost and found is available during our regular hours of operation. Send us an email for more details.
Do you have parking for buses and RVs?
Yes, we do have parking spaces available for buses and RVs but they are first-come, first-serve. Please note that we do not allow RV-parking over-night. Parking is available to RVs and buses during your park visit only.
We have compiled a list of nearby RV-accessible campgrounds and recreation areas (we are not affiliated with the below campgrounds):
Question regarding service animals
Can I bring my pet?
No. See our policy regarding service animals, above.
Can I leave the park and come back the same day?
Yes you may. Please keep your wristband on for re-entry the same day.
Can I smoke in the park?
Diggerland USA is a smoke-free facility. For the health and safety of our visitors and staff, smoking is not permitted anywhere in the park. Tobacco products, pipes, vapes and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere in the park. This includes all parking areas and all vehicular or pedestrian traffic areas.
Do you offer free Wifi?
No, we do not.
Regarding Line Holding
Please note that Diggerland does not permit line or place holding for other guests or members of your party while waiting to access an attraction.